Get to Know the Team: Matthew Chun


Name:
  Matthew Chun

From:  Honolulu, HI


How long have you been cycling:  I have been cycling for three to four years


What is your athletic background:  I was a collegiate D1 Swimmer for University of Hawaii at Manoa.


What is your injury history:  Two stress fractures to my left wrist (biking and Ultimate Frisbee) and a shattered Ulna with a dislocation of the right elbow.


What was your first bike:  Gary Fisher Big Sur


What do you ride now:  Specialized Tarmac eTap



What do you remember most about your first bike:  The front suspension and  egg beater clipless pedals.


What does your preparation for the race look like:  Amp Human, SIS Beta Fuel, SIS Iso Gels,  Honey Stinger Waffles, Honey Stinger Energy Chews, and lots of reviewing of the route


What do you expect to get out of the race: I believe that I can ride 50+ miles/day over multiple days.  I get to see different states I’ve never been to and be part of a greater team that overcomes a 2,400 mi challenge.


What section of the course are you most looking forward to: Mountains


What section of the course worries you the most:  Cold weather, Rain

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

65 Days & Counting....

The Adventure Begins in 89 Days

The Ohio RAAM Show