144 Days Until RAAM

I looked down at the countdown  on my phone this morning to see that RAAM is just 144 days away.  HOLY ****!!!  We only have 144 days until we ride out on a nine day roller coaster ride across the country and we aren’t even close to being ready.  Not even close and I am starting to get a little nervous. 


This is the list off the top of my head…..


  1. We need to fill out a few support crew spots.
  2. We don’t have a bike mechanic rolling with us.  So, if you are a mechanic and reading this and you are looking for something to do in June give me a buzz.  
  3. We need to decide on a rider to vehicle communications method.
  4. We need to decide on a vehicle to vehicle communications method.  
  5. Finalize the budget!!
  6. Finalize the list of our support vehicles
  7. Gather all of our spare parts for the bikes
  8. Finalize the apparel and jersey order
  9. We could use a few more sponsors/partners for the journey.  If you are reading this and are interested hit me up.  
  10. Determine what navigation systems we need.  
  11. Hotels on the road and sequencing.  
  12. Ride teams and ride times.  


All of that stuff is logistical, but can make the difference between finishing and DNF’ing.  We are working on getting it all together.  Hopefully, it all comes together soon.  


Now, onto the training stuff.  I think that we are all taking things pretty seriously.  I think that the last thing anyone of wants to do is let down our teammates.  I personally have enlisted the services of the team over at Victory Multisport to take the thinking out of my training.  They have done so much more than that.  They represent an amazing list of athletes across multiple endurance sports who drive each other to be better, do better.  It makes training easy.  


To be continued……

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

65 Days & Counting....

The Adventure Begins in 89 Days

The Ohio RAAM Show