Get to Know the Team: Keith Marsh


Name: 
Keith Marsh

From:  Loveland, OH

 

How long have you been cycling:  I’ve been riding since I was very young.  I remember in middle school getting out and riding to friend’s houses and later on in high school (before I got my drivers license) I would ride to the mall to spend the money I made on my summer jobs.

 

What is your athletic background:   Up until my late 40’s I was a distance runner with numerous half marathons and a one full under my belt.  I have and still play basketball when I get the chance.  Now in my 50’s I stick mostly with boot camp style workouts at a local gym and some trail running.

 

What is your injury history:  Thankfully, I haven’t had any major injuries. 

 

What was your first bike:  I had a small 26” single speed bike with a banana seat

 

What do you ride now:  Fuji Altamira 2.0 58cm, full carbon with Shimano Ultegra components

 


What do you remember most about your first bike: 
I extended front forks by cutting off another set of forks and sliding them over the ones on the bike.  It didn’t work too well when I tried to add a third set of forks to it!

 

What does your preparation for the race look like:  At six months before the race I’m splitting my training between boot camps and riding.  Over the next few months I’ll begin to reduce my boot camps and increase my riding and getting time and miles in the saddle.

 

What do you expect to get out of the race:  Sense of accomplishment from the training and ride.  When I did my marathon the training was a much an accomplishment as the race itself. 

 

What section of the course are you most looking forward to:  The wide open rides out west… and the “other side” of the mountains!

 

What section of the course worries you the most:  The mountain climbs. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

65 Days & Counting....

The Adventure Begins in 89 Days

The Ohio RAAM Show