Get to Know the Team: Francis Alueta

Name:  Francis Alueta 

From:  Aiea, Hawaii


How long have you been cycling:  I have been cycling for over fifteen years now.  


What is your athletic background:  Soccer and Triathlon


What is your injury history:  I have been luck so far.  So, please don't jinx me.  


What was your first bike:  As a kid, my first bike was a blue single speed chopper by Schwinn. As an adult, it was a Specialized Allez Elite




What do you remember most about your first bike:
The Chopper had a wide turn radius. With the Allez it was a 10speed and I did my first sprint triathlon on it.  


What do you ride now: Parlee RZ7, Parlee TTi, Look 566 and Cervelo P-Series Tri



What does your preparation for the race look like:  I will take the same approach I take for Iron distance triathlon, except more saddle time and I plan on losing weight.  


What do you expect to get out of the race: I look forward to the fun, camaraderie, things not going as planned, wind, cold and heat.


What section of the course are you most looking forward to: For sure the downhill and flats, the Rockies, and finish line.


What section of the course worries you the most:  There are a few thing that concern me.  The hills, riding in the dark, and hail.  I HATE HAIL!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

65 Days & Counting....

The Adventure Begins in 89 Days

The Ohio RAAM Show