Get to Know the Team: Kevin Irwin

Name:  Kevin Irwin

 

From:  Mason, OH

 

How long have you been cycling:  Off and on, but mostly off for 42 years.  I started riding more regularly as an adult about four years ago.

 

What is your athletic background:  None, but I rode my bike a lot as a kid.  I spent my summers in Florida and would ride my bike everywhere just exploring.

 

What is your injury history: None to speak of.

 

What was your first bike:  5 years old, Johnny’s Toys, Sweet Huffy with a banana seat


What do you ride now:  2018 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105

 

What do you remember most about your first bike:  I remember customizing it with old leftover Harley parts my dad had laying around.

 

What does your preparation for the race look like:  I a trying to get a ride in everyday.   I have been using Xert to track my indoor program rides.  I also plan on using Zwift to do some social rides this Winter.  

 

What do you expect to get out of the race: The love and adoration of my friends and peers?  It is a once in a lifetime opportunity to see our beautiful country by bicycle. We can also raise awareness for really great causes along the way which is a big bonus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

65 Days & Counting....

The Adventure Begins in 89 Days

The Ohio RAAM Show